Student organizations hosting events or meetings in the IMU have several, new grab-and-go options for food. For most events taking place in the IMU, student organizations are required to get food catered through University Catering. However, you may also be able to use other food services in the IMU or get approval to use an outside vendor.
The following are instructions for how to access menus, place orders, make payments, and pick up orders.
University Catering offers hors d’oeuvres, snack trays, bakery items, and a full menu of catering options.
How to order from University Catering
- Email University Catering with the details of your event and proposed menu options.
- University Catering will contact you with menu and service options based on your budget and needs. Once the menu and details are confirmed, the sales coordinator will send you an order confirmation.
- Fill out a blue requisition form for payment and send with order confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pick up order from the IMU Welcome Center in Hubbard Commons, if not scheduled for delivery.
Ordering food from an Outside Vendor
Student organizations can utilize outside catering for cultural or religious purposes. Student organizations can also purchase pizza from outside vendors as well. However, there are additional guidelines that are currently in place for outside vendors. Paperwork must be obtained through our sales office in suite 237 of the Iowa Memorial Union prior to confirming your outside caterer. Items must either be individually packaged by the restaurant OR must have a restaurant employee or University Catering employee serve the buffet food for guests. Note: UI Catering is recommending the use of individually packaged food items rather than buffet style. If the buffet style is requested, additional labor charges may be in place to serve food to guests.
Approved Outside Vendors
|Peking Buffet through 2/28/2021
|India Café through 4/15/2021
|Dumpling Darling through 2/28/2021
|Tabooleh Restaurant through 2/28/2021
|Bao Chow through 2/28/2021
|>Szechuan House through 2/28/2021
|Soseki through 2/28/2021
|Thai Flavors through 2/28/2021
|Exotic India through 2/28/2021
|Oasis Falafel through 2/28/2021
|Formosa through 2/28/2021
|Taste of India through 12/30/2020
Java House / Heirloom Salad Company
Java House offers a variety of sandwich trays, signature salad pans, savory soups, individually-crafted lunch bags, breakfast, pastries, and coffee.
How to order from Java House / Heirloom Salad Co.
- Visit catering.thejavahouse.com to start your order.
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Choose the items you want and add them to your bag, then check out.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your items.
- Forward your order email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed Credit Card Request form attached.
- Schedule an appointment to check out a credit card from the Student Organization Business Office (SOBO, 132 IMU) to process payment.
- Pick up your order at Java House on the ground floor of the IMU at the designated date and time.
- Questions about your order? Write to email@example.com.
Union Station Food Court
Union Station offers a variety of large Godfather’s Pizza options.
How to order from the Union Station
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of pizzas you'd like to order.
- Bobbi will respond with further instructions.
- Please allow at least 24 hours' notice before placing pizza orders with this process.