Looking to travel on behalf of your student org?

This may be possible! Before starting to plan out your travel, start by reviewing our policies related to this. You can get more information on our Administration of Registered Student Organizations page in Section V - Travel.

To receive approval for travel, you will need to indicate that your organization is travelling by completing an Event Information Form (EIF). Instructions on how to complete an EIF can be found here.

Please make sure you fill out all aspects of the form, including uploading the travel spreadsheet. This must include everyone who will be traveling on behalf of the student organization, how you will be traveling, and why you are going. Please be as specific as possible. 

Important: an EIF must be completed and approved before student organizations can spend money on travel, make reservations, and leave for a trip.

You can track what offices have given approval for your requested travel on the Event Information Form. This is also where various offices will reach out to get more information or keep you updated. Please make sure you pay attention to the comments on your submitted Event Information Form. 

If you have questions about travel requirements or need help completing this form, please contact sobo@uiowa.edu or dsl-leadandserve@uiowa.edu